We’re interested in feedback about the Wazo Platform documentation.
Here is the feedback gathered from Milad Razban.
- Objective: make a Cloud FreePBX (multi-tenant) or light Aircall
- Tried OpenPhone with Twilio
- Lots of bugs at the time
- One nice thing about them: Inboxes per DID for one user
- Issabel is a near fit for the need, but not exactly
- Currently trying Wazo
- Pretty easy to install technically
- Then “What should I do to have calls?”
- How do I get Wazo Platform to make some calls?
- Wazo has everything for telcos AND for developers
- But developers don’t know telephony and telco don’t know developer APIs
- Need better doc oriented to those two attendance
- API documentation is very wrong, lots of examples that are different from real calls
- Documentation is not reliable, which slows down development, need to try everything
- API is too atomic: need too many requests to make something
- JS SDK:
- documentation is also wrong, not updated when code changes
- See a simple version, but don’t know really what’s the difference with the other pieces of code
- WebRTC demo is not working
- Wazo is much harder to understand than Twilio from the developer point of view
- Wazo API gives NO clue about what API should be called together
- Doc for writing a new plugin for Wazo Platform is too scattered
- How to make a blacklist plugin in Wazo?
- How to make something that will replace Twilio?
- Twilio is easy to use in North America, but less known on other continents, so Wazo has an easier time reaching there
- Search button on the Wazo Platform website is not intuitive
- What’s the difference between APIs /calls and /applications ?
- When looking at the website, we can’t see an overview of what Wazo can do.
- Tutorial for basic setup
- Devs already know the Twilio docs so Twilio-like docs would be great
- Move search of the documentation website elsewhere (closer to content)
- Write interviews for Wazo developers
- Offer a support package for the community
- Milad will share interview-like questions directed to people knowing Wazo Platform well in order to spread the knowledge about Wazo Platform internal processes and API. The objective is to have material to write use-cases for the Wazo Platform documentation.
Any other feedback about the Wazo Platform documentation is welcome!
If you’d like to contribute to the documentation, you can open a pull request on Github!