Star Codes / Blind Transfer stopped working

I am on Wazo 24.04 on a Debian 11 system

I had my system setup and working fine but somewhere in one of the previous upgrades, I have lost the ability to use star codes for things like Blind Transfer, which I use for Parking and PickingUp calls.

See the previous solution at

All the config file and entries are still in place as defined in that post but the star codes stopped working.

I cannot say which upgrade caused the star codes to stop working but I think it was relatively recent.

Does anyone kow of a change in the system that would negate the changes (shown in the post above) made in the config files in /etc/asterisk/extensions_extra.d to stop working?

Hello, are you talking about star code on call? We don’t have any feedback about issues for the moment on this part. Can you explain you use case?

@quintana

I use star codes to initiate recording of a call and to Park/Pickup an inbound call.

The complication is that the inbound call goes to a group and then one of the group picks up the call, so when I go to Park it or Pick it up (so someone else can take the call) the system does not pass on the function codes reqquired to enable the use of star codes.

I do not use a queue in the traditional sense. I send calls to a group (all phones in the house) and whoever picks of the call gets it.

You and I exchanged posts about this at

and with your help I got the system working.

I added t (lowercase, NOT uppercase) to the group dialplan as instructed in that post.

It has been working for quite a while now, but apparently something has changed, since it stopped working after a recent Wazo upgrade.

If you want more information, please let me know.

@quintana

I have updated Wazo to 24.10 with the hope that would solve the issue, but no luck. Same issue as identified above. The use of a star-code to make a blind transfer will not work.

All the phone functions (incoming call answer, outgoing call initiations, …) are working fine.

And in fact, the Live Call Record star-code is working as well - and was working prior to the 24.10 upgrade.

It is just the Park call feature that is no longer working.

I do all my configuration via the Web GUI.

I have checked the “Enable Transfer via DTMF” and “Enable Live Recording” for each User in User Management → Users → → Services

I have kept the edits in /etc/asterisk/extensions_extra.d that enable Group star-code usage as documented in the prior post.

I did notice that the external Caller can hear when star-codes are being used by the Callee. I cannot remember if this has always been the case, but if it is possible to silence the dtmf codes so the external Caller cannot hear the star-codes/DTMF tomes that woudl be preferrable but if that causes any issue with the use of the star-codes, I can live with the Caller hearing the DTMF tones.

I have a different setup for Parking a call and Live recording a call.

I am accustomed to *1 as the code to initiate a Live Recording of an active call. So I configured my system to use *1 for Live Recording and *55 for Blind Transfer to the Parking Lot. I have only one Parking Lot so can just send the Parked calls to a designated extension using a blind transfer.

To do this:
I entered in Global Settings → Features Code → Featuremap
bindxfr *55
I entered in Global Settings → Fetures Code → Applicationmap
togglerecord *1,self,AGI(agi://${XIVO_AGID_IP}/call_recording)

This has been working for many iterations of Wazo up until recently.

But now, *55 has no effect, either when manually entered as a user or when the softcode is triggered by the speed button on my IP Phone.

Does that help with understanding about what has happened?

Is there a awy to have the Caller NOT hear the DTMF tones

@quintana

I noticed that the other star-code definitions that have a number/extension following use underscore{star-code}period as in _*8. for pickup so I changed the definition in Global Settings → Features Code → Featuremap to
bindxfr _*55.

But unfortunately, no difference. The star-code defined for Blind Transfer does not work, either by manually entering it at the dialpad of the phone or by using a programmabel button on the phone.

It was working but is not now after an upgrade.

Is there any chance the User Interface (I use Web GUI for all settings accessible) in
Global Settings → Features Code → Featuremap

are no longer being saved/used correctly?

I have discovered something after much trial (and error)

None of the items entered in “Global Settings → Features Code → Featuremap” is working

Im that section of the Web GUI have:
bindxfr *55
attxf *2
disconnect *0

But none of those works any more.

Is there an issue with how/where the entries in this section of the Web GUI are stored/accessed by Wazo?

Where are the customizations to the [featuremap] configuration supposed to be stored for Wazo? I grep searched in all of /etc for that and only came up with the sample in
/usr/share/asterisk/conf/samples/features.conf.sample
but could not find an actual configuration file with the settings from above.

Hello @Ramblin, i’m sorry i hadn’t time to check. I’ll do test as soon as possible.

Sylvain

Understood; I think you have a few other things on your mind … :slight_smile:

If it helps, I have a backup server (cold standby) that I have not upgraded for a while and went to upgrade it today. It was on v24.04.

It shows the same issue. The star codes which are customized in the GUI are not working. But they used to work on it as well.

So maybe it was something that changed when we went to v24 and has been there ever since and I never previously noticed.

I may have found something that could help.
I have Wazo operating on a Virtual host (Proxmox) and have backed up prioor Wazo version so I restored it to the 23.13 version and the custom Star Codes saved in the GUI for Park and Pickup worked again.
So something in the transition to v24 has changed.

@quintana I know you have a lot of other things on your plate. Can you give me an idea about when the non-functioning custom star-codes for Blind Transfer and Park could be looked into?