No Inbound and Outbound calls - trunk connected


I try to migrate from an old 18.03 installation and I copied everything manually to 20.04 (WebUI).

What works:
-Trunk (pjsip show registrations)
-Endpoints (pjsip list endpoints)
-internal calls within the same network and on different networks

The lines are associated to the users and are in the context default.
I got a tenant configured with a user with the policy “wazo_default_user_policy” which I copied from the master. I suspect my problem might be a policy related one or one that is caused by change from sip to pjsip.

I configured contexts just the way the way in 18.03 (default, incall, outcall, switchboard)
I configured extensions in outcall
Context: "Outcalls". Extension: "0." . External Prefix: "+49". Strip digits: "1" which used to work (on 18.03) for numbers like 01XXXX.

When I dial without country code I get error
res_pjsip_session.c:3078 new_invite: Call from '1d5uXXX' (UDP:XXX:59398) to extension '01XXXXXX' rejected because extension not found in context 'default'.
(Although I included context “Outcalls” into default)

When I dial with country code I get asterisk -rvc output
[Mar 30 20:49:41] == Setting global variable ‘SIPDOMAIN’ to ‘wazo.domain.tld’
[Mar 30 20:49:41] – Executing [+491XXXXXXXX@default:1] Goto(“PJSIP/1d5uXXX-00000021”, “491XXXXXXXX,1”) in new stack
[Mar 30 20:49:41] – Goto (default,491XXXXXXXX,1)
[Mar 30 20:49:41] – Channel ‘PJSIP/1d5uXXX-00000021’ sent to invalid extension: context,exten,priority=default,491XXXXXXXX,1
[Mar 30 20:49:41] – Executing [i@default:1] Playback(“PJSIP/1d5uXXX-00000021”, “no-user-find”) in new stack
[Mar 30 20:49:41] > 0x7f6e34041f90 – Strict RTP learning after remote address set to: XX.XX.XXX.222:8000
[Mar 30 20:49:41] > 0x7f6e34041f90 – Strict RTP switching to RTP target address XX.XX.XXX.222:8000 as source
[Mar 30 20:49:41] – <PJSIP/1d5uXXX-00000021> Playing ‘no-user-find.slin’ (language ‘en_US’)
[Mar 30 20:49:45] – Executing [i@default:2] Hangup(“PJSIP/1d5uXXX-00000021”, “”) in new stack
[Mar 30 20:49:45] == Spawn extension (default, i, 2) exited non-zero on ‘PJSIP/1d5uXXX-00000021’

Who can point me in some direction to get it working? Thank you in advance


I copied the settings but it did not resolve the issue.

I messed with the extensions, outcalls work now. It seems like the 0. extension does not fire for some reason.

I still dont get incalls, but they dont even register on the PBX, so I suspect, the incoming connection is broken rather than the routing within the PBX.

Update 2 (Solved):

Outgoing calls:
Extensions need an underscore in front and a dot means any character(s). So I put
Ext: _0XXX. , Prefix: +49, Strip 1
012345678 -> +4912345678

Ext: _00XX. , Prefix: +, Strip 2
004912345678 -> +4912345678

Ext: _+49XXXXXX.

which takes into account all number-cases in my country.

Incoming calls:
I got pretty much everything configured right, except I misspelled the option insecure with a capital I.
This resulted in 401 not authorized and the calls did not go through. D’ough.

May it help somebody in the future.