Fresh Install Multiple JavaScript Errors in UC-UI

Hello Wazo community,

I hope this message finds you well. I’ve been diving into the Wazo platform documentation and find the project fascinating. However, I’ve encountered some challenges while trying to set up a system, and I’m reaching out to seek guidance from the community.

Here’s a brief overview of my situation:

1. I’m working on a fresh Debian 11.8 installation.
  2. I followed the instructions provided at https://wazo-platform.org/uc-doc/installation/install-system, attempting both the dev and stable branch options.
  3. I’ve tested with the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, and Edge.

Despite my efforts over the past 10 days, I’ve been unable to make any changes using the UC-UI. Specifically, all CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) options are unavailable. Interestingly, when I used the Swagger API console, things worked fine.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or suggestions that could point me towards a solution. Your assistance is invaluable, and I’m eager to learn from the expertise within the community.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Hello, Wazo community,

I think I found the issue, and I’m seeking confirmation from our esteemed Software Devs. As a Citizen Dev, I want to ensure my observations are accurate.

Upon comparing the Wazo-UI GitHub repository with the source files delivered to the browser, I’ve noticed that the DataTables plug-in for jQuery seems to be missing from the static folder.

To further investigate this, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could provide information on the location of the Wazo-UI files on Debian. This will allow me to compare the actual folder structure with what I am observing in the browser.

Your assistance in this matter would be invaluable

Hello, seems strange to me, can you give me the output of this command.

$ dpkg -l wazo-ui

And

$ dpkg -L wazo-ui

Thank you.
Sylvain

Hello,

root@wazo-dev:/# dpkg -l wazo-ui
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name           Version                             Architecture Description
+++-==============-===================================-============-===========================================================
ii  wazo-ui        24.01~20240109.193927.9a58fd3.deb11 all          Wazo UI is a configuration interface for the Wazo UC engine
root@wazo-dev:/# $ dpkg -L wazo-ui
bash: $: command not found
root@wazo-dev:/#

I performed another fresh install today and the issue is resolved. I had poked around a lot and modified the code and it was no longer representative of the code in the repo. I did not uncomment the distribution options in the uc_engine config.

I think this step in the installation guide confused me as it contradicts an entry in the uc_engine config

If you uncomment the 2 distribution lines, does it install the stable or dev branch?

Thank you

This is for the dev version, you need to remove -dev to have stable version. About wazo-ui i think you had a regression introduce in dev version this last week.