Will this use case work with this system?

Hi, I have a use case scenario I am not sure if this system will work in this case, I like to have one or two numbers public to everybody, if a first caller calls one of the number, the system can pick up the call and ask the caller to wait, then if another person also calls in with any of the two public numbers, I want to switch the second caller to talk to the first caller, can the system work this way?

Thanks in advance

What you are describing sounds like the Conference feature.

You publish a number, and people call into that number and they are joined together.

Is that what you are talking about or am I missing something?

You are right, so are there any limit on how many people can join the conference with the system? also is it allowed for multiple people to talk at the same time?
Thanks

When you setup the Conference, you have to direct incoming lines to it. On the lines, you state the maximum number of callers per line. So from that point of view, yes, there will be a max number of participants unless you direct multiple lines to the conference via InCall routing.

Thank you, I just configured one conference by clicking Conferences from the web-ui, but I do not see any fields related to incoming lines, after I created the conference, then I tried to edit the conference, I still do not see any line fields, I clicked the Lines menu, I do not see fields related to Conference, I am using the default context for the conference and configured start and end, so how to configure to direct incoming lines to the conference?
Thanks very much for your help again!

You direct incoming lines to a conference the same way you direct incoming lines to an extension - using the InCall menu.

You must first define the range for Conferences in
Advanced -> Contexts -> Internal -> Conerences (tab)

Then add the conference using the Conference Menu

Then add the Trunks using the Trunks menu

Then define the Incall direction using the InCall menu

I followed your instruction, at the final step, I tried to define the Incall direction using the InCalls Menu, but I can not find any selection for incoming lines, the current choices are: None, Extension, Group, Ivr, Queue, Sound, so which choice should I select?

Thanks

Keep scrolling down the list shown by the dropdown menu and you will get to Conference (at the bottom).

Got it thanks very much!
But how do I test my configuration?
should I start another topic for this? Thanks

Yes, start another topic.

You are asking how to connect extensions/users and link to Lines, then test by dialing the internal number for the Conference (setup in the Conference menu)

You are also wanting to connect Trunks and create InCall routes, then test from outside using the InCall DID

1 Like