Changing uc-engine-host after installation

How do I update the uc-engine-host after installation and have the web UI certificate update to the new hostname?

I am looking forward to getting wazo up and running but, as the saying goes, “I’ve got some learning to do” first.

I am trying to install wazo for a simple home-office use but I did not properly understand the instructions at https://wazo-platform.org/install so I did not edit the root password in uc-engine:vars nor did I change the host in [uc-engine-host] before I ran the installation with ansible-playbook -i inventories/uc-engine uc-engine.yml .

I did make the other changes shown in https://wazo-platform.org/install and, the installation did complete with no errors.

After using apt install wazo-ui to install the web UI, when I launched the web UI with
https://{server_IP_address}
I got the error message that the certificate was tied to a hostname “localhost” and of course, I then got the “Invalid certificate” error.

I have ben able to use the web UI to change the root password, but I do not know how to update the wazo uc-engine-host variable after installation … and have the certificate update with the new hostname.

At the OS level, the hostnmae is still the fqdn I established but the web UI thinks the hostname is localhost (since that is the setting I left there).

So, my questions are:

1. What should I have done to properly edit uc-engine-host before I ran the installer script?
    Should I have replaced “localhost ansible_connection=local” with {server hostname} or should I have prepdended {server hostnmae} to the line so it reads
    “{server hostnmae} localhost ansible_connection=local” ?

2. What can I now do (without reinstalling everything) to change the uc-engine hostname so it uses the {server hostname} and has the certificate used by the web browser tied to the updated {server hostname} ?

Well, I never did figure out how to fix the hostname after installation, but I did see that if you do

wazo-reset

to clear the database of all its entries
and then

cd /root/wazo-ansible
ansible-playbook -i inventories/uc-engine uc-engine.yml

you could start over without reinstalling the OS and all the libraries, so I did that and now have the correct hostname entered.

im in the same boat so thanks. what was the naming convention? i #commented out the localhost line and added the ip address but not working… see below

[WARNING]: * Failed to parse /root/wazo-ansible/inventories/uc-engine with yaml plugin: Syntax Error while loading YAML. found unexpected ‘:’ The error appears to have been in ‘/root/wazo-
ansible/inventories/uc-engine’: line 7, column 5, but may be elsewhere in the file depending on the exact syntax problem. The offending line appears to be: [all:vars] ^ here

[WARNING]: * Failed to parse /root/wazo-ansible/inventories/uc-engine with ini plugin: /root/wazo-ansible/inventories/uc-engine:3: Expected key=value host variable assignment, got: only

[WARNING]: Unable to parse /root/wazo-ansible/inventories/uc-engine as an inventory source

[WARNING]: No inventory was parsed, only implicit localhost is available

[WARNING]: provided hosts list is empty, only localhost is available. Note that the implicit localhost does not match ‘all’

PLAY [all] ****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
skipping: no hosts matched
[WARNING]: Could not match supplied host pattern, ignoring: database

[WARNING]: Could not match supplied host pattern, ignoring: b2bua

[WARNING]: Could not match supplied host pattern, ignoring: engine_api

PLAY [database,b2bua,engine_api] ******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

PLAY [database] ***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

PLAY [b2bua] **************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

PLAY [engine_api] *********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
[WARNING]: Could not match supplied host pattern, ignoring: uc_ui

PLAY [uc_ui] **************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

PLAY RECAP *************************************************************************************************************************

what should the complete UC-ENGINE look like? i followed the documentation to the t with a DEBIAN 10 box. thanks for the help

Is your Wazo server reachable via PUblic IP address or is it NATed behind a router?

If NATed, I dound it best to leave the localhost line as is

Change (only if your Wazo server is reachable via Public IP; otherwise leave the line as)
localhost ansible_connection=local
If your Wazo server is reachable with a public IP address as opposed to a NATed address, you can use the {hostname_FQDN} and leave off the “ansible_connection=local” which lets the ansible playbook run over ssh instead of locally. If your Wazo server is NATed, the replace the line with localhostname with the FQDN of your Wazo server. To get the {hostname_FQDN} at the CLI enter
hostname -f

For any other searcher who lands here.